Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Worth a Million Bucks!"

Hello All,

Well, this weeks theme for the Paper Vineyard Design Team was "Worth a Million Bucks" using My Minds Eye products. Can I say that I LOVE My Minds Eye....all their collections are awesome. My project this week is definitely worth a million bucks!What a special page this is. These are pictures of my sister and I when we were little (I am the big sister). Unfortunately we lost her in a car accident back in 1980 at the age of 19. This is the reason for the angel in the lower right corner above the small flowers. She is our angel, watching over us.

UPDATE: I framed this page and gave it to my Mom because when she saw it on my blog, she said she wanted a copy to frame. I told her NO and surprised her with the original. She cried and now said she has to find a "prominent" place on her wall for it! I am so happy she liked it.

The recipe for this 12x12 scrapbook page:
Printed cardstock - Stella & Rose by My Mind's Eye
Solid cardstock - Bazzill
Flowers - Prima
Ink - Colorbox Chestnut Roan chalk ink
Cricut cuts:
Lacy Labels - label background
Stone Script - Sisters (welded letters with Gypsy)
When It's Cold Outside - small angel (cut from an Angel snowflake)

I hope you all enjoy this layout. I haven't done too many layouts lately so I hope I did you all proud with my design.

I almost forgot to tell you!!! I went to a class at Paper Vineyard over last weekend and had a blast! We made a 8x8 mini book about "us". It is sooooo cool. Dana is an awesome teacher. I think I am going to love taking more classes at the store. Check out their list of classes on their website HERE. I already have another one scheduled for this coming Saturday!

I hope everyone has a great week! I know I will!

Marijo

4 comments:

  1. What a great page. Your scrapbook pages are as beautiful as your cards. Also what a precious backstory. Thank you for sharing sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome, aweseome page. So sorry for your loss! But you have done this pictures and memories justice! The pictures are priceless!

    I love My Minds Eye as well. Great, great job!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout - and a beautiful story behind it about your special angel.

    Are you going to Jean's Twig class? I hope so! Then we can meet in person! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marijo, we all need to meet, greet and scrap together. Again, love this page.

    ReplyDelete