Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This week at Paper Vineyard

Hi All, hope everyone is having a great week so far.

This week, our challenge was "Shimmer and Shake". Make something that had movable parts and that shimmered or was glittered. Here is the card I came up with!

I cut the flowers using my Cricut and the Mothers Day Bouquet cartridge. I used a skewer to curl the edges of the flowers under and then rolled something rounded (I have since bought a tool that is actually used for working with modeling clay) in the center to make the flowers actually stand up. I didn't have any dark colored brads, so I took one of the big green ones that I found in my stash, colored it black with my black sharpie marker, and glittered it with Stickles. All the paper, except for the craft card stock that I used for the card base and the tags, was left over from a class that I attended at Paper Vineyard a while back.

Both of the flowers are attached to tags, that when pulled out, have "friend" related rub-ons that I also had in my stash of goodies!

Hope you like it. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Marijo...this is darling! All of your projects are awesome! I especially love the colors in this one.

    ReplyDelete