Monday, May 23, 2011

Centerpiece for a birthday party

Hello everyone, Happy Monday!

I wanted to share a centerpiece I made for a birthday party for an 11 year old. she loves yellow and I made these rosettes using the Tim Holtz die from Sizzix and 3 different yellow printed papers. I also used some Peachy Keen face stamps as well as some other stamps from my stash!
Also, we made crafts at the party and I taught the girls how to make a nameplate for their desks. Thanks to Creations with Christina for the tutorial on how to make the base of the nameplates. Her tutorial used crackle paint but since I didn't have that kind of time (to let the paint dry, etc.), I covered the nameplates with paper and put a strip over the corners to cover them. I let each girl pick out her papers, flowers, and bling. Here is how they turned out. I love how different they all are and what each girl brought to the table. They all did a great job!Thanks for looking. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Have a great week!

Marijo

7 comments:

  1. Oh super cute, i love how you put the faces on the rosettes...lovely. TFS!
    www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, so cute. The flowers came out so nice and the smiles add such a fun extra touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that centerpiece and nameplates...i'm going to need a tutorial from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute projects! Love the name plates, super fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so adorable Marijo! That centerpiece would brighten any party table, and I am sure that the girls absolutely loved learning how to make those darling nameplates! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the name plates. I have to try this. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to comment your blog and say that I really enjoyed reading your blog post here. It was very informative. Keep it up and I’ll be back to read more soon.
    Hollywood memorabilia lines all the walls of the restaurant Planet Hollywood. Bongos Cafe presents diners with some delicious Cuban cuisine. There are many other shops, including a huge selection of magnets at Magnetron Magnetz, tricks and gags available at Magic Masters, all sorts of sweets at Candy Cauldron, and authentic American collectibles and memorabilia at Starabilias.
    Hollywood Centerpiece

    ReplyDelete