Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Joy of the Journey

Hello all,

This weeks challenge was to use the Joy of the Journey stamp from Stampendous. And to use some of the Reminisce Autumn paper. I loved the stamp and thought it would be a nice saying to have on display all year long. I used a frame that I had in my stash, covered the mat with the Reminisce paper and distressed the stamp image (which was stamped on white cardstock). I then pulled out my new Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge and tried my hand at making some of the cute flowers that are on that cartridge. To say they were challenging to make would be an understatement. I went out and bought a quilling tool which made the process a whole lot easier. I think after some more practice, this will become one of my favorite cartridges.

Here is a close-up of the flower.

Hope you like my frame. I love to read your comments so when you stop by, leave me a note. Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Great picture, but that flower looks really complicated. Appreciate your endurance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cant'get over this flower. The center looks like a pine-cone. I agree with previous comment, the photography is really good. Wonderful contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job. I really like am impressed with your flower. It came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marijo, this is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! The perfect decor for the fall season!!!

    ReplyDelete